Here are the stories of my adventures with couples as we spend the day together exploring an capturing them in the beauty of Arizona.
There are engagements, elopements and weddings to see, each with their unique look & story.
A day after session is a great option if your wedding day doesn’t allow time for you to do your intimate portraits or if you’re looking for a more adventurous escape for your photos together.
Unfortunately, there is only one sunset each day, so doing a day after session, literally means going to do your photos the day after your wedding. Sometimes these are called Bridal sessions.
Crystal and Brian did just that, they had shared a beautiful wedding the day before with friends and family.❤
Their day after session just included them and one friend who wanted to come along for the adventure.
Here are some tips for doing your day after session at Cathedral Rock:
1. Drink plenty of water the day before and on the day of the hike! Let’s face it, your wedding day takes a lot out of you, so it’s important to take care of yourself for the photos the following day.
2. The night before your day after session, preserve your flowers by placing them into the fridge so they stay cool up to the time you’re leaving for the session, they will still look fresh for photos!!
3. Make sure to pack your backs the day before, there’s a lot going on, but packing your backpack for the day after session is important to make sure you don’t forget anything.
Items to prepare, include socks and hiking shoes, hiking outfits, and make up for touch ups. Don’t forget to also bring sunscreen & plenty of water!
4. More than likely you will be redoing your make up. Save your false eye lashes, foundation, any eye shadow and lipstick used from the day before.
Sometimes going for a more natural look on this session works well since you are outdoors on an adventure! More than likely your makeup from the day before will hold, especially if you work with Sedona Beauty Team! Some brides do keep most of their makeup on and touch up on the following day!
5. Don’t forget your veil or any accessories that you wore on the wedding day, we are pretty much recreating your wedding day as if you did this adventure on the same day. So making sure everything big and small is packed and coming along is a must!😍
I highly recommend booking a day after session if you are looking for a more relaxed and fun session that will serve as a great memory on top of your wedding day.
And if you want to make sure to spend plenty of time with guests on the wedding day, saving your intimate photos for the day after, allows you to join in on the cocktail hour rather than running off for photos. (Though grabbing just a few around the venue doesn’t hurt!)
Reach out to me if you have any other questions about a day after session & I’ll be happy to fill you in on the details!
special thanks to the following vendors for Crystal & Brian’s wedding day:
Jane in the Woods Planning
Form Floral Flowers
L’auberge de Sedona
White Desert Photography