The views in Sedona may be priceless, but thankfully an adventure elopement in Sedona is cheaper than a Sedona wedding. But how much does a Sedona elopement cost?
Elopements are always cheaper than weddings by the nature of the ceremony. Some brides love elopements because they involve less guests, less decorations, and more intimacy than a wedding. While the average cost of weddings is more than $30,000, elopements normally cost less than $10,000.
Keep reading to learn more about the cost of a Sedona elopement, the essential elopement services, and what I’ve learned about elopements during my past ten years as an expert wedding photographer.
How much does a Sedona elopement cost?
Nobody should go broke planning their marriage ceremony, and with an elopement, you won’t have to.
As we said above, elopements normally cost less than $10,000. However, for many people, that’s still a high estimate. Personally, I only spent around $1,000 on my Sedona elopement in November 2022.
If you’re traveling within Arizona, you can cut that average cost in half.
So then, what extras do we need to consider in our elopement cost estimates? We’re so glad we asked:
- Travel and transportation — How are you getting to Sedona? How are you traveling to your elopement location? If you’re an Arizona or Southwest local this may be an easy choice. However, Sedona is an international destination for weddings and elopements, so plan carefully.
- Food — Sedona is a small town, but it has a vibrant tourist economy. From the restaurants downtown to Whole Foods, a good meal plan will help your stomach and your wallet enjoy its time in Sedona.
- Housing — Couples looking to dodge a heavy wedding could spend more money on one of Sedona’s many classy resorts. But for people who are looking to save in this category, there are cheaper Airbnbs, VRBOs, hotels, and camping options.
These are the major side costs that will factor into your overall Sedona elopement cost. Below we’ll cover the services you need in your actual wedding.
Why should you elope in Sedona?
There are so many great reasons to elope in Sedona, but first you should spend some time looking at our White Desert Photography pictures. The pictures say so much that we could never put into words.
Beyond the obvious appeal, Sedona is surrounded by the majesty of the Southwest. An hour in either direction will take you to Flagstaff, a Colorado-like city hidden in the snow pines, or the Southwestern metropolitan of Phoenix. Even if you’re just visiting Sedona, the hikes, jeep trails, and swimming holes are incredible.
If you’re an outdoor enthusiast, Arizona has something for everyone.
When is the best time to elope in Sedona?
Obviously, the magical red rocks look great year-round.
However, the city does experience extreme heat and windy cold. As an experienced Sedona photography business, White Desert Photography’s busy season is during the Spring and Fall.
During Spring, our busy season is between March and May. During Fall, our busy season is between September and November.
If you’re trying to book an elopement during these times, book early to ensure you get your dream date. White Desert Photography provides booked clients a location guide to help choose the perfect spot for their ceremony.
Where can you elope in Sedona?
Nearly any trail in Sedona offers a dramatic desert backdrop worthy of any Instagram.
There are some go-to locations that fill up fast, like Cathedral Rock, Merry-Go-Round Rock, and Bell Rock. However, some sleeper picks are Boynton Canyon, Submarine Rock, and Doe Mountain. Really it depends on what sort of magical location speaks to your dream elopement.
For more insight, check out White Desert Photography’s venue highlights in her blog.
What services do you need for your elopement?
Elopements are obviously not weddings, but they are technically marriage ceremonies. So where do we draw the line between an elopement and a wedding?
Really the best, unofficial decider comes down to how many guests you invite. However, there are some essentials we believe that elopements need to have in order to create that same magic.
- Officiant — A wedding essential, Sedona has many wedding officiants on stand-by for an elopement in Sedona.
- Marriage license — According to Arizona law, a marriage license acquired in the state can be used in any county across the entire state. Lead photographer Victoria knows this firsthand when eloping with her husband in Sedona.
- Photographer — We may be biased in this category, but we think photographers are an essential part of the elopement process. Especially if you want to treasure this timeless moment forever.
- Witnesses — If you’re eloping with your family then you’ll likely have this covered. Arizona law requires two witnesses to sign their name onto any marriage license. (If you need an extra, White Desert Photographers have signed many marriage licenses as witnesses.)
- Wedding attire — What will your wedding attire say about you? Sedona is all about creativity and self-expression, so whether you’re looking for one wedding dress or two, planning that expense ahead of time is the way to go.
- Wedding rings — Don’t forget them! Although many people are going the tattoo route, be sure to figure out what you want for your dream elopement.
- Miscellaneous — Do you want vow books, flowers, or any other miscellaneous ways to make your elopement unique? This will likely be on you or your family to set up before the elopement, but it can be done. Just remember to leave no trace.
Just remember, every elopement is different. You don’t need to have any or all of these things, but these are some general points we find in all of our elopements.
What are some examples of Sedona elopement photography packages?
If you’re now wondering what sort of elopement photography packages are available in Sedona, well look no further. White Desert Photography’s transparent and customizable packages can fit anyone’s idea of Sedona elopement costs.
Victoria, founder of White Desert Photography, starts her elopement packages at $1,000. White Desert Photography associate photographers start their packages at $650.
We would love to hear about your wedding. Please inquire soon to ensure we’re free on your special date!
Victoria Nabours, a Northern Arizona local, founded White Desert Photography in 2018. Since then, the company has bloomed into one of the most in-demand wedding, elopement and engagement photography companies in Sedona. Additionally, her years of expertise has taken her to international wedding destinations and attracted the eye of local and bridal magazines.
Check out her photo galleries, elopement and wedding packages, and inquire today!